Today I will talk about living from victor. How to attain victor mentality and how to identify victim/victimzer mentality in others and yourself. Do not be an advocate for victims. Turn that around and live from victor. It’s much happier and peaceful there!
All Kathie’s main links: http://www.linktr.ee/kathieowen
Reality Revolution episode on Imelda Octavia Shanklin You are What you Think on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlXAh9aKwFk
Sign up for my email list and learn more on a weekly and daily basis! www.kathieowen.com/freebies
All Kathie’s main links: http://www.linktr.ee/kathieowen
The book: Power vs Force by David Hawkins here: https://amzn.to/2GHnFV4
The book: Letting Go by David Hawkins here:https://amzn.to/3bGTTLi
The book: The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines Into Massive Success and Happiness - https://amzn.to/2DFAaPG
The book: Reality Transurfing by Vadim Zeland: https://amzn.to/2GHnWr4
The book: A New...
My Ah-Ha Moments for this Week consist of an old podcast I follow and a gal I used to follow on Instagram.
1. Brian Scott of Reality Revolution YouTube Channel and Podcast. He has this one episode I listen to over and over again. Well, he has many but this one is so empowering. It puts me at peace and makes me envision courage in a new way. It is extremely beneficial as our minds can slow success habits. Prosperity Through Thought Force. This link is for his YouTube video you can also listen to it on podcasts where you listen to those. I prefer podcasts.
2. The fitness gal I follow and her victim mentality. You know the gal who advocates toxic positivity. Yuk, that rubs me the wrong way. You know that if you remotely follow me. Anyhow, I had an ah-ha moment while watching her stories this week. She is an advocate for victims. Word of caution when you advocate for victims you lower your vibration to their mentality thereby never getting out of force and into power.
Cortisol can be released into the body and can cause a number of things to become abnormal. Here are just 3 of the things that PREVENT cortisol release:
1. Meditation. If fight or flight causes cortisol release then we need to combat that cause with something that relaxes us. Meditation can do just that. When you meditate you combat those stressors by relaxing into the moment and being present to the present which spills over into your day.
2. Strength train. Add strength training to your regimen to combat hormonal imbalance. The best type of strength training you can do is tough enough that it leaves you feeling challenged or 70% of your one-rep max Each muscle group needs about 12 sets per week for a great enough challenge to prevent cortisol overload! And yes, you can do this at home with little to no weight.
3. High-Intensity Interval Training HIIT. As opposed to slow and steady-state cardio which actually activates cortisol release, introduce HIIT or High-Intensity Interval...
Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have. -Dale Carnegie
So I checked in on my “toxic positivity” fitness gal last week on Thanksgiving, to see how those toxic positivity thought habits were working for her. Let’s just say not well.
She missed the holiday with her family because her tests did not come back in time for her to go see them. Mind you they are both healthy but they wanted to be safe.
The first test result came back as not admissible or something like that. Imagine her disappointment for a moment.
While I feel sorry for her, I see myself in her as well. Everyone is me pushed out ya know.
I see her as an advocate for victims. And when she does this, she loses her power.
You see, years ago, 2007 to be exact I learned I was not going to get my boys for Christmas because my ex had planned a cruise (on my time) and I was going to be all alone.
I quickly learned to let go...
"A habit cannot be tossed out the window, it must be coaxed down the stairs one step at a time." - Mark Twain
Did you know that around 40% of everything we do on a daily basis is habitual?
This means that a big part of our lives is almost entirely on autopilot!
Think this through for a second and evaluate those habits of yours.
Do they empower you or disempower you?
Do they limit you or free you?
Do they help you or hinder you from reaching your goals?
And just in case you're not sold on the importance of habits just yet join my free webinar today!
How do you go about creating habits? Do you go with the wind and throw things out the window? And find yourself lost in the process?
Habits are our subconscious mind’s way of doing things on autopilot. Try something new and create a healthy habit in a simple way.
One can easily create a habit by taking your time and going down one step at a time.
Transform YOUR life in magic fashion.
How? Sign up for the FREE Simple Habit...
It's Monday after a long weekend and I am sure many of you did not want to go back to work today. It happens every year. But what if you took the extra mile mentality? What would be different? You'd be creating a great habit for starters.
I work at OCuSOFT. I have for 8 years in January! Wow! I love my job and I actually love coming to work every single day. And today, due to COVID I do not work in the gym. I actually help in the Operations Department running errands, cleaning, and helping where ever I am needed. I am so happy and blessed to even have a job at this time.
Most of my fitness friends had to find jobs in other places when the gyms closed in March. The YMCA I work for in Richmond, TX is still closed to this day. I have worked there for 20 years and I miss it dearly.
How are you doing? Are you ready to face the week and go the extra mile? Don't forget to download the pdf file below which has inspiration for the week and a place for notes on how you are doing this...
And once you understand that habits can change, you have the freedom and the responsibility to remake them. -Charles Duhigg
This quote right here can give you hope if you are stuck in a rut.
Your thought habits are the most powerful of all. What are your thoughts? With power and choice? Or with force and resistance?
Join the FREE webinar build a healthy habit in 5 simple steps. Join now!!! https://www.kathieowen.com/pl/244442
This week's Ben Franklin Virtue building is controlled attention. I have said it before that our attention spans are decreasing by leaps and bounds due to the information age we live in. It is so very important to control your attention span. But how does one do that?
First and foremost pay attention to how often you check your device, especially when you are bored. Try to focus on what is going on around you instead of grabbing your device first thing. See if you can control your attention span to notice 4 things you see, 3 things you feel, 2 things you hear, 1 thing you smell. This is also one of the best ways to reduce anxiety and calm yourself down in traumatic situations.
Notice your attention span this week.
Cortisol can be released into the body and can cause a number of things to become abnormal. Here are just 3 of the things that cause cortisol release:
This week I had some pretty good ah-ha moments.
#1. Green Lights by Matthew McConhauey. If you remotely like the guy, and who doesn't, his book is incredible. I had too many to even kind of share. BTW on Audible, he reads the book. All I can say is "Alright, alright, alright!" Check the book out on Amazon here.
#2. Remember how I said I have been using Kajabi for about 4 months now? Well that booger is super powerful. There are things I did not know existed. I got a tutorial or two on YouTube and found even more!! Coming soon links to my webinars and more.
#3. I interviewed Joann Tarkington on the Keto Diet. Click Here to listen to that now. I have to say, I have never been an advocate of Keto but this interview and how the diet changed Joann's life made me a believer. Be on the lookout, coming soon I want to co-teach a course on Keto with Joann. BTW Joann is my ex-husband's first wife and has a son, my stepson with Kenny. After our interview, we shared some of our past horror...