8 Tips to Improve Sleep
Oct 17, 2021
Ah, sleep, my favorite topic. If you know me, you know I say there are 2 things you don't mess with me on and that is #1. My sleep. and #2 My sleep! 😴
Did you know that poor sleep habits can contribute to many hormone imbalances and actually age you prematurely? Not to mention several poor nights' sleep will just put you in a funk and leaving you feeling foggy in the mind and body.
Well, don't worry because I am about to give you some tips on sleeping that just might help alleviate and solve any sleep issues you may be dealing with currently.
- Take a warm bath or shower before bedtime. Add some Epsom Salt for extra calming benefit. Had a strenuous workout that day? The Epsom Salt will help alleviate sore muscles too. I like Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt.
- Stretch or yoga. Do a few stretches or yoga poses to get you relaxed and ready to lay down in bed.
- Meditation. This is one of my favorites. I simply listen to some music designed for sleep and I am sound asleep in no time. My favorites? They are both on YouTube: I enjoy Mettaverse and Jason Stephenson. Jason is also on Spotify. This music has the perfect Mghz to put your brain in the perfect state for a deep, relaxing sleep.
- Use essential oil. Lavender essential oil is excellent for helping you relax and unwind into bed. You can use it as a rub and diffuse it in your bedroom. I keep it by my bed in case I wake up and have trouble falling back to sleep. I get my essential oils at Revive, they are excellently priced. You can thank me later. Here i is a great one for sleep:
- Turn off cell phones. Put your phone on airplane mode. This will keep your phone from disturbing you in your sleep, including the waves that interfere with brain activity. Can't turn your phone on airplane mode due to the fact that someone may need to contact you in the night? Place your phone far away from you where you can still hear the ring but not the disturbance. You'll also be less likely to look at it during the night.
- Supplements are not required but I recommend a Melatonin Gummy. Gummies get into your system quicker and will help you fall sound asleep in no time without groggy side effects. *Be sure to consult with your doctor before taking any supplements if you are on medication.
- Make your bed super comfy. My bed has a big, comfy comforter and tons of pillows. I also have a blanket that I like to hold onto. I call it my cuddle blanket. Hey, it works for me! Don't knock it til you try it! 😊
- Allow yourself time to unwind. This means no phone time at least 30 minutes before bedtime. This will keep you from checking emails, reading horrific news stories, and looking at social media, especially social media or news which can be likely to trigger an emotional response that will keep you awake.
Here's to a great night's sleep!
Need help with your fitness? Exercise always helps with sleep! Sign up here for your free guide on mindset and fitness!