1. Do a light cardio warm-up before strength training to help prevent injury and post-workout soreness.
2. Proper form is more important than the number of reps; use a mirror to check your form. This is what mirrors are for in the gym, not for vanity purposes!
3. If you want to see results faster, do at least three strength-training sessions per week.
4. Save time and burn more calories by doing super sets, working opposing muscle groups back-to-back, and moving quickly from one exercise to the next without resting. This is also called circuit training.
5. Don't just lift dumbbells. Explore all types of equipment including resistance bands, kettlebells, stability balls, medicine balls, and barbells, as well as moves that require no equipment at all like push-ups and free squats. These are also called isometric moves. These are excellent...