Stop the mind screw my friend. Getting clarity and focus to start your day can and will drastically improve your life.
And it's simple. Let's discuss.
I get it. I used to be one to sleep until the last possible minute. But then something changed.
I found a morning routine that I just love and I also love how it changed my life - for the better!! And think about this: it's more important than getting that extra hour or two of sleep.
#1. Make sure you get a reasonable amount of sleep. Schedule 7-8 hours of sleep per night. I get it this might be difficult for some. But when you do #6 correctly you will have no problem sleeping.
This might mean going to bed earlier and having an evening routine that will encourage your sleep.
#2. Take 5 minutes of stillness. Do this first thing upon waking. Just lay there in bed and intentionally smile. Immerse yourself in all 5 senses and set "great" intentions for the day.
#3. Stay away from screens. Avoid them like the plague. You'd be surprised how looking at your phone or computer first thing in the morning will affect your clarity and focus. Try it for 7 days - you'll be amazed!
4. Journal. I love morning pages. This is from the book The Artist's Way. You sit down and brain dump 3 pages of your thoughts. It doesn't matter what they are, just write for 3 pages. You'd be surprised at what happens.
This helps so much with creativity and focus. Why? Because you've dumped all the other junk on the pages. Your subconscious mind is pacified by this, thereby, enabling it to help you with more important things like clarity and focus.
5. Write 3 things to do today and 3 things you are grateful for. After you brain dump, be sure to add the 3 important tasks for the day. And close it off with gratitude.
6. Exercise. You know I am always talking about cardiovascular exercise, specifically HIITs. Every single one of us needs to do this type of exercise to improve our health and energy levels. It helps tremendously with focus and clarity. Sign up below for your simple guide on this:
7. Make your bed and declutter. This may sound silly to you but making your bed and removing clutter is much like the brain dump in #4.
Your brain just feels more at ease when things are put away and your bed is made.
8. Go for a walk outside - weather permitting. Taking a walk in nature has a power all its own. You get fresh air and you take in nature's way of being which is balance. Notice every single thing with all 5 senses. Relax and feel that clarity set in.
So there you have it, 8 things to do in the morning to start your day with clarity and focus.
Want help with your morning routine? Master it with this free guide!
SIGN UP TODAY!
In return, I'll give you this simple download that describes in detail what you can do starting today to have a healthy heart and fitness. No matter your age or fitness level.
Sound good? Sign up now!
Hope to see you there!